What I do
My lab uses developmental genetic and imaging approaches to study cell biology, especially the role of proteins and lipids in membrane dynamics
- Assistant Professor at University of Denver, 2020-present
- Junior Group Leader at University of Würzburg, 2013-2020
- Postdoctoral fellow at the Skirball Institute, NYU Langone Medical Center, 2006-2012
- Technician at OraVax, Inc., 1996-1997
- PhD, University of California, San Francisco
- BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- International Society for Extracellular Vesicles (ISEV)
- Genetics Society of America (GSA)
- German Society for Cell Biology (DGZ)
- French Society for Cell Biology (SBCF)
Beer, KB, Fazeli, G, Judasova K, Irmisch, L, Causemann, J, Mansfeld, J, Wehman, AM. (2019) Degron-tagged reporters probe membrane topology and enable the specific labelling of membrane-wrapped structures. Nat Comm. 10(1):3490.
Fazeli, G, Stetter, M, Lisack, J, Wehman, AM. (2018) C. elegans blastomeres clear the corpse of the second polar body by LC3-associated phagocytosis. Cell Rep. 23(7):2070-2082.
Beer, KB, Rivas-Castillo J, Kuhn, K, Fazeli, G, Karmann, B, Nance, J, Stigloher, C, Wehman, AM. (2018) Extracellular vesicle budding is inhibited by redundant regulators of TAT-5 flippase localization and phospholipid asymmetry. PNAS. 115(6):E1127-E1136.
Beer, KB, Wehman, AM. (2017) Mechanisms and functions of extracellular vesicle release in vivo – What we can learn from flies and worms. Cell Adh Migr. 11(2):135-150.
Fazeli, G, Trinkwalder, M, Irmisch, L, Wehman, AM. (2016) C. elegans midbodies are released, phagocytosed, and undergo LC3-dependent degradation independent of macroautophagy. J Cell Sci, 129(20):3721-31.