What I do
I am chair of the Department of Biological Science.
I conduct research in the cell biology and physiology of endocrine cells.
I teach cell biology courses at different levels across our curricula.
- 1995 Ph.D., Biochemistry - Baylor College of Medicine - Houston, TX
- 1995-1998 NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept of Physiology and Biophysics - Univ of Colo School of Medicine - Denver, CO
- 1999 Instructor, Dept of Physiology and Biophysics and Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, Denver CO
- Ph.D., Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, 1995
- BS, Biology/Chemistry, Union College, 1990
- American Diabetes Association
- American Physiological Society
- Biophysical Society
- Control of glucagon secretion by MC4R